Choosing between adopting or buying an animal may not be an easy decision, but we’ll help.
Our goal is to give you a few reasons to keep in mind, and that will help you make your choice.
- When adopting a pet animal, you’re helping to reduce the number of homeless animals;
- It’s cheaper than buying: buying a breed animal can be very expensive!
- You get a vaccinated animal, castrated and sometimes with a microchip;
- You’re leaving a positive example for those around you, and especially if you have children;
- You can choose the age of the animal you want to adopt: in shelters there are more than baby animals, there are also older ones that have been abandoned and are waiting for a home.
- You can choose the size of the animal: And if he’s an adult, you won’t have any surprises.
- You will have a healthy animal, which will probably have fewer problems than one of a breed: crossing different breeds reduces the chances of breeding problems.
- You will adopt an animal trained to pee in the right place and maybe with other skills!
- You will have the unconditional love of an animal which was eagerly waiting for you.
- You will save the life of an animal!
There are many plausible reasons to choose to adopt, right?
However, it’s not right to judge those who choose to buy an animal. Each one of us has the freedom to choose the path that prefers to follow.
The important thing is to be informed of the different options and conveniences you have, always trying to be the most animal-friendly possible.
If you have more questions about animal adoption, go to your Town Hall and learn the advantages you have!