At Verney Store, we recognise the importance of protecting your personal data (of whatever type) and, above all, we value honesty and transparency, so that we may continue to build a solid and long-lasting relationship with our customers, based on trust and mutual benefit.
Our Policy respects the EU Regulation (2018/679) of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data. This is to inform you that the data of a personal nature, collected voluntarily on the form on this site, is authorised to be included in a file that is the property of Verney Store.
However, if you have any question regarding this policy, you may contact us at the e-mail address email@example.com or by letter, sent to: Verney Store, Rua da Ponte, 567 4830-810 Póvoa de Lanhoso, Braga.
– Respect for the customer’s wishes
We respect the privacy and security of your personal data, so we strive to respect the wishes of the customer and through autonomous, free and uncomplicated management of their privacy preferences.
Therefore, if you disagree with any point referenced in this policy, you may oppose it at any time, by contacting us through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter (sent to: Verney Store, Rua da Ponte, 567 4830-810 Póvoa de Lanhoso, Braga).
– Best practices
Verney, as controller of personal data, determines the purposes and the means by which your personal data are processed, including all applicable security measures. We guarantee that your personal data is processed in Portugal, correctly and legally, according to best practices.
– Strict necessity
In processing data that could identify you personally, directly or indirectly, we apply the principle of strict necessity. For this reason, the use of your personal data will always be minimal, in order to not exceed the original purpose for which it was collected and/or processed.
The personal data collected and processed by Verney Store is only what you voluntarily, expressly and unequivocally enter in the forms of this website.
The personal data collected are: name, sex, date of birth, e-mail, mobile, address and NIF (TAX ID).
Your personal data is collected and processed by Verney Store only for purposes strictly connected to its use, to the services associated with it and to the sale of products, management and improvement of the loyalty programme, direct marketing and managing customer support.
Verney store always tries to maintain its relationship with the customer and provide the proper benefits, information and relevant content related to our brand.
Your data will only be processed for these specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and may not later be processed in a manner incompatible thereto. The data collected and processed is that which is suitable, relevant and not excessive regarding these purposes.
However, your personal data may also be used for other processing operations within the limits of such applications. Specifically, it may be processed for the following purposes:
– when you make a purchase on this website, we gather your personal data on the purchase form (such as e-mail address, delivery address, credit card number and phone number) merely for purposes of sales, separation and shipment of the products you order;
– when you seek assistance from Customer Service, we collect your personal data (such as name and e-mail address) only with the objective of providing the Customer Support Services of the on-line store https://verneystore.com/ that are relevant to this website and to offer you the assistance you requested;
– when you subscribe to a newsletter, we gather your e-mail for the purpose of offering this communication service;
– when you navigate our website, we collect cookies. Depending on how you manage the cookies on our website and your interaction with us, we use some information collected to ensure the proper operation of the website, notably the purposes of proper viewing of the content, remembering your cart, remembering your registry, adjusting the resolution of your screen, to improve our offers, among others things.
This information includes data on registry, location, length of your session, products you selected, your equipment, your browser and your IP address.
– when you navigate on our website and later visit platforms where the advertising format exists (social networks, Google and other partners of these networks) you may be impacted by advertising of our brand. We also use the data to reach potential new customers who may be interested in our products.
When we collect data, we indicate the mandatory fields with asterisks when the data in question is necessary to:
– enter into our contract with you (e.g., to provide the products purchased on our website);
– provide the service you requested (e.g., provide you with a newsletter);
– respect legal requirements (e.g., creating invoices).
Your personal data will be communicated to Verney Store’s service providers for purposes of providing services (e.g., shipping companies) or to legal, tax and regulatory authorities, in order to comply with legal impositions.
Only Verney Store processes your personal data; there is no data transfer to third parties.
You may exercise your right of access, correction, deletion, limitation, portability or opposition of your personal data, through the e-mail address email@example.com or by letter (sent to: Verney Store, Rua da Ponte, 567 4830-810 Póvoa de Lanhoso, Braga).
If you wish to stop receiving direct marketing communications, you may, at any time, exercise your right of opposition to the processing of your personal data, through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verney uses suitable security measures to protect your personal data from destruction, accidental or illegal, accidental loss, alteration, distribution or unauthorised access, and against any other form or illegal processing.
However, Verney Store cannot guarantee that the security measures adopted for the protection of this website and for the transmission of data and information through the same will prevent or exclude any risk of unauthorised access or loss of data.
So, we advise that you equip your computer with software devices that protect you in the transmission and receipt of data (such as up-to-date anti-virus systems), and that your browser has the necessary measures ensure security in the transmission of data (such as firewall and anti-spam filters).
Your data is maintained by Verney Store for the purposes described herein during the time necessary for the purposes cited, except if the personal data in question is necessary to prove compliance with legal obligations, while the limitation periods of the respective rights are still in effect, or if there is a greater time period for preserving the data imposed by law.
When your personal data is no longer needed, it will be removed from our systems and records or maintained anonymously so that they cannot be used to identify you.